Hospital Authority replaced its old version of efax system, OS and fax card hardware with OceanFax solution with Active Active Module for server virtualization and high security and safety.
Hong Kong – 11 January 2016 – Hospital Authority chose OceanFax solution for server virtualization with high availability, safety and security since the old version of efax system, OS and fax card hardware were going to be de-supported and the fax channel capability of the old system was not enough to face increasing usage of production fax. The OceanFax solution integrated with various backend systems of the Hospital Authority seamlessly, with ability to send high volume of production fax (more than 1,000) within a few minutes through 6 X T1 trunks. Using OceanFax Active-Active module, the system can provide a scalable environment with high availability even if one node of the OceanFax servers, gateways, databases and service modules is suspended. The OceanFax solution provides a user-friendly, easy-to-use and all-round interface which increases work efficiency. The interface is also centralized for monitoring and checking the instant status of each fax, and manipulating faxes. The simple but powerful email integration that Oceanfax supports enables users to send and receive fax anywhere and anytime. The new system also offers a black and white list in which users can enter the fax numbers in order to filter all unwanted incoming faxes. To achieve high security, users can set super user accounts to avoid IT Fax administrators to view the fax image content, supporting more secure and confidential faxing.
· The old efax system version, OS and fax card hardware were going to be de-supported
· The fax channel capability of the old efax system was not enough to support increasing production fax usage
· Hospital Authority also sought server virtualization with high availability, a more safe and secure solution
· Seamless integration with various Hospital Authority’s backend systems and being able to send a large amount of production fax (>1000) within a few minutes via 6 X T1 trunks
· Oceanfax Active –Active module can provide scalable environment with high availability, even any one node of the Oceanfax server, gateway, database and service module is suspended
· Simple but powerful email integration can facilitate users to receive and send fax anywhere and anytime
· Users can monitor each instant status of fax and manipulate faxes via a centralized interface
· Easy-to-use interface with comprehensive functions can increase users’ work efficiency
· Support black and white list, create a black list of fax numbers to filter all unwanted incoming faxes
· Provide Super User account to support more secure and confidential faxing; even IT Fax administrators are not allowed to view the fax image content
About Hospital Authority
The Hospital Authority is a statutory body set up under the Hospital Authority Ordinance in 1990. It is responsible for managing Hong Kong’s public hospitals and services since 1991. It is accountable to the Hong Kong SAR Government through the Secretary for Food and Health who works out overall health policies in Hong Kong. It is now composed of a workforce of more than 70 thousand people and manage 41 hospitals and institutions, 47 Specialist Out-patient Clinics, and 73 General Out-patient Clinics.