- June 29, 2011
- Posted by: OceanX
- Category: Major New Deals
Hong Kong – 29 June 2011 – Recently, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) chose OceanFax Fax Server for fax automation to replace its fax machines. The server integrates with Oracle PeopleSoft ERP solution to automate and streamline the entire purchasing process.
HKUST currently sends and receives up to 100,000 faxes every year and is in the process of streamlining the purchasing process. The university aims to evolve the handling and tracking of information exchange with both external and internal parties from a paper-driven, manual process to an efficient automated process, where the documents handled, including the requests for information/quotations, purchase orders, specifications of items, contract related matters etc. are all in electronic format and easily transferred to or from other existing applications. To cope with the E-Procurement scheme, HKUST decided to look for a suitable fax server solution that can integrate with the existing Oracle PeopleSoft ERP package. After a meticulous research, HKUST finally chose the No.1 Fastest Growing & Awards Winning OceanFax Fax Server to work with Oracle PeopleSoft system to automate the entire purchasing process.
The third-party system OceanFax integrates with
- Oracle PeopleSoft ERP system:
Once a document (a purchase order or contract, etc.) is generated in PeopleSoft, OceanFax will automatically import the document via xml connector and then fax out and archive. After faxing, an auto email notification will be immediately sent to user to track and monitor the status.
- Eco-friendly by paperless operation
- Reduce costs and overhead associated with standalone fax machines and paper driven processes
- Streamline the entire purchasing process by integrating OceanFax and Oracle PeopleSoft
- Improve Efficiency and eliminate manual work by business process and fax automation
- Enhance safety and privacy by faxing and storing the miss-critical documents securely to reduce the risk of disclosure
- Easily track and monitor fax status by auto email notification
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) is a top ranked international research university. The Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) Asian University Rankings 2011 has rated HKUST the top university in Asia. Established in 1991, the University’s schools of Science, Engineering, Business and Management and Humanities and Social Science offer a wide array of academic programs. Currently, HKUST has about 6,100 undergraduate students and 3,700 graduate students. The School of Business and Management (HKUST Business School) is one of the most respected business schools in Asia and the world.